Carbon Monoxide Poisoning Prevention Act of 2010
Details: As of July 1, 2011, Carbon Monoxide detectors will be REQUIRED in all houses (1 – 4 units) if they have any of the following:
- Any gas appliances such as a gas stove, gas furnace, gas fireplace, gas water heater, etc.
- A fireplace (even if it only burns wood, pellets, or any other material).
- An attached garage (even if there are no gas appliances in the house!). Cars continue to emit CO even after they are shut off.
- ANY rental dwelling that meets the criteria listed above. Yes this means that if you own a house, condo, or townhouse that you rent to another human being, you are REQUIRED to install Carbon Monoxide detectors.
- As of January 1, 2013, ALL multi-family dwellings including multi-family dwellings that meet the criteria listed above will be required to have Carbon Monoxide detectors. Even those that are not being sold will be required to have them just like smoke detectors.
Be sure your home is safe. For details call ASI Hastings Heating and Air at 1-800-481-COOL (2665) or go online at www.asiheatingandair.com. We will provide the information you need to feel confident about your safety and the safety of your home.