The feeling of stepping into a home that’s already cool, comfortable, and ready for you is truly second to none.
The peace of mind that comes from a well-running system just can’t be put into words. It’s one of those things that once you have it, you never want to lose it.
Unfortunately, systems fall apart over time. Modern systems come out to address the previous generation’s problems, so upgrading is an absolute must. For those looking to upgrade, here are all the answers about new AC installation.
Know the Real Process of New AC Installation
There are a few points to hold on to as you look through the wide array of AC systems to bring into your home.
- Talk to a reputable company that has a proven track record within the company. Reviews and references are very important.
- The plan is everything when it comes to AC installation: the battle plan makes a difference. You have to plan to address contingencies.
- The installation time is also important. Families are busy; you need an installation that works on your time schedule.
Picking the right AC system isn’t something to be taken lightly. Give it time. It’s perfectly okay to say that you need more time to make your choice.
You’ll have to live with the new AC unit a lot longer than the installation company!
Important Points to Consider During the AC System Selection Process
Selecting an AC unit is a little more complicated than picking out a set of bathroom towels, so it makes sense that there are multiple points to figure out along the way.
- The size of your home impacts what unit you select. HVAC systems relentlessly work around the clock, but they have limitations.
- The SEER reading is what shows the unit’s performance in terms of efficiency. You want a system that can work hard for you.
- BTUs will come up in any good AC unit decision, a measurement of how cold your system can really get.
- Don’t hesitate to ask questions. There will be things that are specifically important to your family; bring them up as you go along the process.
Questions help give you a greater picture of the process. As you talk to the rep, more questions will undoubtedly come up.
You might wonder what kind of system you need when you already have a bunch of ceiling fans.
Or perhaps you’re looking at how to accommodate when some people like the house colder than others. No matter what, ask questions until you’re comfortable with moving forward.
Steer Around Common Installation Issues Fast
If there’s a big rock in the middle of the road when you’re driving, you know to steer around it, right?
That’s the same concept behind addressing pitfalls within AC system installations before you go through the whole process.
Old Ben Franklin said that a penny of prevention is worth a pound of cure, and that guy’s on the money. Pun intended!
Here are a few things to keep in mind while you’re trying to steer around common installation issues:
- The ductwork plays a huge role in the new system. Old ductwork is like trying to work with a fridge of spoiled food. Some of it might still be good, but it probably just needs to be tossed and fresh stuff brought in.
- Routine maintenance protects your system’s usefulness. Cutting corners with maintenance invites big trouble. Big trouble is the last thing you want for your nest egg.
- Insulation is king. Good insulation keeps more air in your home, and you’re already paying plenty for that air as it is.
- Keeping good maintenance records for the new system helps prove to future buyers that you maintained the system properly. It could even get you a higher price on your house.
Sometimes it’s hard to feel like it’s safe to ask questions. It isn’t bad to ask questions when you’re making a major purchase.
If you don’t ask, you can’t get the right answer. The professionals will always give you a better answer than scrolling through YouTube videos.
To learn more about new AC installation, don’t hesitate to schedule an appointment with ASI, the White Glove Guys.